PART 7: A Reply from the Chief Exec

You'll remember from reading Part 6, that I wasn't happy avoiding the issues I had discovered regarding the use of BSA calculation without TDM and so I decided to write to the Chief Exec of The Christie.

The Chief Exec eventually sent his reply to my letters and a very carefully crafted reply it is too. I would have been proud of it myself, had I written it! It is a perfect lesson in how to look as if you are saying something meaningful, when you aren’t. It is a lesson in how to look like you are addressing the points made, but aren’t. It’s a wonderful piece of obfuscation! Well done Mr Spencer, you are a Jedi Master of avoidance LOL!


You can read his response below, with my comments about his responses, in red:



So, to date, no one at The Christie is prepared to fully or directly answer my questions. Should I assume that is because they think I am talking rubbish and don't want to tell me that for fear of offending me, or is it because I have hit a nerve and they can't admit it or won't admit it for fear of being sued? All I want is to have a grown up conversation with the experts; I'm not going to sue them, if I don't like their answers, I'd just like some answers and a will to change to something better than what they do now.

Out of interest, here's a copy of The Christie's Patient Information sheet. If you scroll down to page 4, I have highlighted the risk of 5-FU causing chest pains (angina).


I am not content with the reply to my letters. That reply continues to avoid answering my questions. Why?

As well as my blog, I have requested a meeting with The Christie to discuss my points to see if I can actually get them to answer my questions. I await a date for that meeting. When I’ve had it, I will let you know how it went.

Next time, I'll tell you all what else I have been up to of late.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PART 3: I Reached Out and Found Helping Hands

Part 11: Life Beyond Cancer

PART 4: Discovering the Truth About Sheila’s Chemo